- This is a cookie-free site. Whenever a web site is visited, the user's web browser provides the machine's identity (its IP address) to the web server, so that the server can address the reply to the correct machine. In addition, the browser type and operating system are provided. This information does not identify you personally and you remain anonymous.
- When you view the COAT site, our system records your visit and logs the following information for statistical purposes: your server address, top level domain name (eg. com, edu, gov, au), the date and time of your visit, the pages accessed and type of browser, operating system and screen resolutions used. This is used to analyse traffic and computer system patterns for the purpose of improving the COAT site.
- We do not record your user identity or email address unless you choose to send us a message. These details are only used to respond to your message: we will not use your details for any other purpose and they will not be provided to any other organisation.
- Please note, when you send the COAT email the content of your email as it is transferred across the Internet may not be secure. Contact us by telephone or post if you have concerns about the security of your message.
- The staff who operate the COAT web site are subject to the Commonwealth Privacy Act 1988. This Act lays down strict privacy safeguards which Commonwealth Government departments and agencies must observe in handling personal information. More information about the Privacy Act can be obtained from the Privacy Commissioner's website at: http://www.oaic.gov.au/.